Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1L and the German Jordan

October 23rd

We traveled an hour and a half to play the second place team STV Leverkusen at their place. It was unfortunately our second loss of the season after we blew an 8 point lead at one point in the 3rd quarter only to loose by 7. I had a very poor performance as I was in foul trouble early and often. There was one point in the fourth quarter where we went 8 minutes without scoring and still managed to loose by only 5. This game taught our team a lot about ourselves as we have learned in our most recent games to find other ways to score when we are not making our 3's. I also learned that as the only "Center" on our team who has played more than 5 minutes all season, I must stay out of foul trouble by any means necessary.

Some notes on the game...
  • It was the first wooden floor I have stepped onto since my arrival in Europe. It felt good to actually play the game on the surface it is meant to be played on.
  • I got the chance to take a picture with the German Michael Jordan before the game which was pretty cool. Turns out we actually wear the same jersey number!

No comments: