Friday, October 2, 2009

Moiën Luxembourg!

In what has been a long off-season with its ups and its downs, I have found myself playing for a new team in Luxembourg called the Musel Pikes. I have been here for almost 2 months already which seems crazy because the time has really flown by. In these two months, I have gotten situated with my new home, gotten lost in the beautiful country that is Luxembourg, been on the wrong end of a few team jokes, brushed up on some of my French, and have met some really cool people.


On the Basketball court my new teammates and I have really come together and are looking to start the season off on the right foot this weekend. We start the season Saturday against the team BBC Nitia from Bettemburg Luxembourg. I absolutely can't wait to begin the season as it has been quite some time since our team has played an exhibition game together (about 3 weeks!). In that time, we have been practicing and making great strides in the right direction but it's time to show what we can do when it matters most!

I'd like to give a shout-out to my former team in Iserlohn who is currently 4-0 in their young season and looking very good via the highlights put together by Olaf's Dad. I appreciate the effort to put these together and I'm glad to see they are doing well.

I'd also like to thank all the young coaching staff at Amherst College for putting together the beautiful youtube site where some of my greatest memories are only a click or two away.

As always, I appreciate all types of feedback (good, bad, or ugly) from my posts and of course my door is always open to all.

I'm going to leave you with this unbelievable video because with such a huge weekend coming up that includes our first Musel Pikes Basketball game of the season, a HUGE Michigan vs. Michigan State football game, and the Detroit Tigers fighting to make the playoffs, it's about that time to get all fired up!!!

1 comment:

John Walters said...

Go right through for MSU, watch the points keep growing!...

Is there a website that has weekly highlights of your team?